In this 5 day Power skating camp we cover all the fundamentals and techniques to skate forwards and backwards. On day 4 we include shooting, stickhandling, passing and review powerskating. On the last day we review all skating techniques, puck skills and finish off with a scrimmage.
Each 75-minute session starts with your child working on crossovers, step-overs and c-cuts in 1 big group. Then we break into three groups based on ability so your child learns amongst their peers. This helps build confidence when learning a new technique. At end of the session we come back together and work on balance and agility.
Location: Oceanside Place, Parksville
Time: 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm daily
Fee: $250 + GST
- If you are registering more than one sibling you are eligible for a discount. Please use coupon code child2 for 2 kids in camp and child3 if you have 3 kids registered.
- If you are registering your child for multiple camps you are eligible for a discount. Please use coupon code camp2 for 2 camps and camp3 if you are registering for all three camps.
Power Skating Camp (6-9) Itinerary
- Quick starts and stops
- Long strides
- Balance and agility
- Forward and backward c-cuts
- Backward crossovers
- Review Day 1 power skating
- Backward skating
- Edge control
- Review Day 2 power skating
- Wrist shots, snap shots, backhands
- Forward and backward crossovers
- Review Day 3 power skating
- Review all skating techniques
- Review puck skills
- Scrimmage (small area)